Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Texas

8 months ago I paid a mechanic $500 to repair my car, he won't return my calls or answer the door as he works out of his home and my car is in his garage. I have 2 questions: 1. What can I do to get my car back? 2. What can I do about my money? I'm pretty sure the money is a loss as no receipt was written, but I need my car back to have the repair done at a reputable shop. Help.

Asked on 5/17/13, 7:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Sue him in Justice Court. The filing fee will be about $120. The clerk will help you with it.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/13, 2:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Texas