Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Texas

I let my ex borrow money to pay off her student loans. That was back in August of 2008. I have spoken to her several times trying to see when she is going to pay me back and everytime its a different date. I have proof that I loaned her the money and I have saved all emails between the two of us regarding the money. What is my next step?

Asked on 1/26/10, 5:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeffrey Brashear The Brashear Law Firm, PLLC

Based on what you have written, you may need to file a suit against your ex to recoup your money. Some items to think about are: is there a note confirming the amount of money, interest rate, and repayment; what proof do you have to the money was not a gift; etc.? If my local law firm can assist you with this legal issue or any other legal matter, please contact us at [email protected] to arrange for an initial constulation.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/10, 10:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Texas