Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Texas

Disturbing the peace

Neighbor has loud parties with music playing very loud. I live in an unicorporated area of fort Bend county, texas. I know there are some disturbing the peace code's (texas law) I have asked them to turn it down and Sherifs dept will not issue a citation. What is my recourse. In addition this individual burns leaves, branches ect that covers my home in smoke. My children have alregies and cause them great difficulties not to mention my home smell like smoke for days.

Asked on 3/05/07, 12:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Johm Smith tom's

Re: Disturbing the peace

The smoke coming onto your land and bothering you is a tort you can sue on and you could also seek an injuction ordering them to not violate local noise laws. A local attorney can handle this for you.

Read more
Answered on 3/05/07, 12:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Texas