Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Texas

I have been divorced for nine years. Me and My Ex-husband had a house together. And he got the house. I have been trying to buy a new car and the house is still on my credit showed as he has been paying on time but it is stopping me from getting a new car. And he is not living in the house. What can I do about this.

Asked on 12/11/16, 5:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Kielich Front Range Injury Attorneys

Short of him paying off the mortgage or refinancing the loan there is not much you can do. Depending upon the terms of the divorce decree you may have options to get a court order that requires him to refinance or sell the home. Hard to say without exploring your divorce further. Talk to a local divorce attorney.

Read more
Answered on 12/16/16, 12:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Texas