Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Texas

A friend of mine just informed me that because her ex-husband was in a union she is entitled to some of her ex's retirement. I was wondering if this is true because my ex-husband was and still is I believe a member of the IBEW while we were married and I raised our 3 sons. By the way, I live in the state of Texas and that's where he's a member at, I just don't know which IBEW union he belongs to. Is this a true statement that I may be entitled to some of his retirement?



Asked on 1/08/14, 7:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm

Only if you were awarded a portion of the retirement benefits in your divorce decree.

Read more
Answered on 1/08/14, 8:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Texas