Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Texas

What kind of lawyer handles cases such as: a woman who has done porn and wants to take all videos of her off the web because she is not receiving anything from the videos that has been posted?

Asked on 4/17/12, 8:01 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Contract and/or Entertainment Attorneys. Everything is going to be dependent on their rights that they may have granted to the website or company; and the rights that they have waived. user generated sites and self-uploaded websites are easier to get content taken down.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/12, 8:47 am
David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

Either an entertainment or intellectual property lawyer should be able to assist. There are a few things to consider:

1. Did the actor sign a release?

2. Did the actor have rights to control distribution?

3. Did the actor's contract provide for royalties?

4. Did the contract provide for an accounting of profits?

I'm assuming the actor was "of age" and complied with the record keeping requirements of adult performers.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/12, 9:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Texas