Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Texas

Small claims out of state

When I lived in MN, about a year and a half ago, I borrowed a friend of mine some money to keep him on his feet. It was to be a loan, but I have yet to get any money back. Although I do not have proof for all that I am owed, I do have an iou and a receipt from paying his rent that total about $1500.

I now live in Texas, how difficult and what steps would I need to take inorder to take him to small claims court, since he still lives in MN?

I hope I am under the right area of law, if not please forward. Thank you

Asked on 7/17/08, 5:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brandon Manus Manus Law Office

Re: Small claims out of state

If your friend won't pay willingly, you will need to sue in small claims court in MN. Contact an attorney in MN for more information or direct your question to an attorney in MN.

Read more
Answered on 7/19/08, 11:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Texas