Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Texas

Sold my pick up truck to daughters bf last April with verbal agreement to pay it out. Haven't received a penny so far. They will not return vehicle and claim it was paid for in cash which is bs. I still have clear and free title in my name and possession. Can I just report it stolen so I can at least get my truck back? Thank you

Asked on 8/04/14, 12:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Keith Engelke Law Office of S. Keith Engelke

I would sue them. If the car is worth less than $10,000 you could do this in small claims court. You would get a court order awarding you possession of the car. If they refuse to deliver the car to you, you could have it repossessed.

Read more
Answered on 8/04/14, 2:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Texas