Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

Hello, I came to the US in 1990 with a permanent Resident Green Card....My ex destroyed all my papers...I never had the money to renew my Green Card.....What do I need to do to if I just want to go back home to Germany.....

Asked on 4/12/19, 2:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

If you want to give up your U.S. Permanent Residency forever, then you can appear at the U.S.Embassy in Germany and file Form I-407 for Abandonment of Permanent Residency. If not, you can file a FOIA request (free) to get a copy of your immigration file, which would have proof of your Permanent Residency, so you have evidence in order to be able to file Form I-90 to re-new your greencard.

Good Luck!

Read more
Answered on 4/12/19, 2:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas