Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

I have applied for the green card in august. However, my marriage did not work out. I have already filed a devorce and it will be final in January next year. I want to withdraw the green card application. I still have my legal status as an F-1 visa/student. Can they still deport me after i cancel the application even i have legal status?

Asked on 11/26/10, 7:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian D. Lerner Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A Professional Corporation


The real question is whether they think you committed marriage fraud. If so, they will be able to deport you for life. Please contact me for further information.

Read more
Answered on 1/02/11, 8:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas