Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

My girlfriend lived in the US illegally as a kid but voluntarily left before she was 18. There are records of her living in the US (high school year book and records) but she only lived here until she was 17. Will that keep her from getting a green card through regular application or through marriage?

Asked on 6/06/17, 5:05 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Medina Law Office of Charles Medina

There are several grounds for inadmissibility. We suggest you to consult with an immigration attorney to discuss the details of your girlfriend's case.

You may visit our website at for our featured cases that cover the most complicated areas of immigration law. Our telephone number is 714-786-6835 and email is [email protected] Thank you.

The above reply is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/17, 5:12 pm
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Unlawful presence under the age of 18 should not affect her eligibility to immigrate.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/17, 6:00 pm
Isaul Verdin VERDIN

Although she did not accrue unlawful presence for certain grounds of inadmissibility, there is a 10 year permanent bar if she accrued over one year in the US, then departed, and then reentered without inspection. You should discuss in detail with an immigration lawyer before you file.



Read more
Answered on 6/07/17, 7:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas