Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

Hello, I want to inquire about my case. Me and my husband are having some problems in our marriages. And I am under 2 years conditional greencard the expiration will be next year 2017 november. He kick me out in our apartment and not supporting me after that. He cheated on me and commit adultery. I am now staying with my friend in another state. I am scared what might happen in my greencard. Can u help me? Can I work here in another state temporarily?

Asked on 9/27/16, 4:30 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

90 days before the conditional greencard expires, you need to file form I-751 with a request for a waiver of the joint filing requirements & a detailed statement describing the good faith marriage with supporting evidence. I highly recommend seeking legal assistance to ensure you file everything required so you don't lose your legal status. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/28/16, 6:29 am
Charles Medina Law Office of Charles Medina

You may request for a waiver of joint filing of I-751 based on battered spouse. We suggest you to consult with an immigration attorney to discuss your options.

You may visit our website at for our featured cases that cover the most complicated areas of immigration law. Our telephone number is 714-786-6835 and email is [email protected] Thank you.

The above reply is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Read more
Answered on 9/28/16, 9:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas