Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

International student at DUI without drivers license

I was arrested on DUI/Minor and NO Drivers License at Plano, Texas.I paid the bail amount and am now out of custody. Previously i dont have any criminal records.

I am a non US citizen and on a F1 student visa. I have taken a semester off and need to leave the country before 09-25-2008 to maintain my student visa status.I have an airline ticket to go back to my country on 09-22-2008. My birth date is 11-29-1990.

I am not issued a driving permit nor a drivers license.

Will the court allow me to go to my country on that day and will i be allowed come back to the United states?

Asked on 9/12/08, 12:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Johm Smith tom's

Re: International student at DUI without drivers license

You're missing some facts in your question. When are you due in court? Immigration law is very fact specific and it is unwise to give suggestions or advice without knowing the important facts. We have one attorney licensed in the US and Mexico who does most of our litigation related immigration work, like yours. She charges for a consultation but you'd have answers you can rely on from a licensed and insured attorney, and the consultation if free if we work on your case.

Read more
Answered on 9/14/08, 5:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas