Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

I recently just got married to my husband who became disable in 1998. He is receiving social security of $620 a month. March this year he start working full time again because he is feeling better now. We submit his recently pays tub and social security letter for the benefits to uscis. Yesterday I receive a I 485 requesting, w2s, 1099, 1040. He haven't been working for all those years but he file the school tax credit from his college. He is obviously making enough to cover me. Our household total is 2

Asked on 9/09/13, 9:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

If your husband is the U.S. citizen petitioner, then he will need a co-sponsor for the Affidavit of Support. The Request for Evidence you received from USCIS should also have stated this.

You can obtain more information at & look in the "forms" link under "I-864".

Read more
Answered on 9/10/13, 9:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas