Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

Hi There,

I would appreciate if you could kindly respond to the following.

- I have applied for my inclusion / change of status to E-2. My B-2 entry will expire on August 12th 2018.

Do I have to apply for B-2 extension or I am good since my wife already have received the E-2 approval and I am her dependent.



Asked on 8/07/18, 9:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ajay Arora Ajay K. Arora, Attorney-at-Law, P.C.


The application to change status to E2 keeps you in a period of authorized stay in the U.S. if filed prior to I-94 expiration date and when approved the approval notice (Form I-797) will have a new I-94 attached to the bottom of the approval notice.

Best regards,

Read more
Answered on 8/08/18, 12:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas