Legal Question in Insurance Law in Texas

My mom was walking and was hit by a car and they drove away they found the people and they had full coverage but only a 30000 coverage just the medical bill are 279000 dose the insurance company have to pay more she has brain damage left leg was shattered

Asked on 6/05/13, 7:51 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother. Although in most instances, the insurance company would only have to pay the policy limits. However, there may be other things we can do, and there may be other avenues of recovery. Some examples include vehicle owner's policy, other household members, etc. I would need quite a bit more information before I can tell you for sure.

Feel free to call me if you'd like to discuss it further.

For more information, please visit our website:

Also, please read our disclaimer:

Read more
Answered on 6/05/13, 8:03 pm

Ken Gober (Austin TX) Lee, Gober & Reyna

This is another example of why we need higher minimum insurance policy limits, the other attorney is right there are other possible insurances including if your mother had auto insurance of her own. I would be honored to help your mother. This fight will be on two fronts: 1 finding all available insurance, 2. Arguing a reduction in the medical bills so that your mother isn't left with the option if we can't find other insurance is crime victim compensation. Call my cell for a free no obligation consultation 512-827-7548.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/13, 8:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Texas