Legal Question in Insurance Law in Texas

hello, i have a pending personal injury settlement from an auto accident, can they take a portion of my settlement for back child support since the funds are not being paid to me by state or federal agencies. thanks

Asked on 10/20/10, 12:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Yes, if the Attorney General has a child support lien, it attaches to the settlement. They get paid first.

Read more
Answered on 10/25/10, 6:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Texas