Legal Question in Insurance Law in Texas

problem with no insurance

i had a small accident where i hit the other veicle while i was backing up and it didnt did that much damage but the problem was that the other person did had insurance and i didnt. She called a cop but he said that the damage was not even 1,000 dollars worth it and he didnt wrote a report nor give me a ticket but we exchange info. and now she wants me to pay her 1,000 dollars for the damage that she says its soemthing with the air condition. what do i need to do and what can she do to me? thank you

Asked on 8/17/05, 4:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Featherston Grissom, Richards & Featherston

Re: problem with no insurance

your choices at this point is to try and work out a reasonable payment to her for the damage caused by the accident. i would certainly ask for estimates to establish that the damage she is claiming is indeed related to your light impact.

otherwise, you can elect to do nothing to see if she asserts her right to file a suit against you. you are not required to do anything at this point unless she files a suit and then you will be required to answer that suit.

i hope this helps. bill featherston

Read more
Answered on 8/17/05, 6:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Texas