Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Texas

What can I do to get back my investment? A relative and I invested in a freightliner business together, we bought a freightliner and used my credit in order to purchase the freightliner, we did all the necesssary legal work together to start the business . The freightliner cost was $42,000.00 and I invested my name and 14,000.00 in the business, with the understanding that wewould share equally in the profits. After hiring several drivers without success of keeping anyone to drive the freightliner because the relative kept running them off by not communicating with them or by talking to them badly. I stopped investing my money in the business because we could never keep anyone on long enough to make a profit. We talked about selling the freight liner to try and get some of our investements back, it didn't happen because the relative decided he wanted to keep the freightliner and paid it off, I said yes with the understanding that I would eventually get some of my monies back. He has been driving the freihghliner for about a year and as of now I have not received any of my investement back. What legal recourse do I have?

Asked on 2/11/14, 10:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

I assume that you don't have a written agreement.

You can sue to dissolve the partnership. You'll need a lawyer for this.

Read more
Answered on 2/11/14, 3:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Texas