Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Texas

My dad passed and had 12 acres no will how can I sell this property?

Asked on 11/02/15, 4:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. In order to sell his property, you'll need either a court order (letters of administration) or some other mechanism. I can't tell you which one unless I know more about his estate:

1. Is the 12 acre parcel his homestead?

2. Did he have other assets? (car, bank account)

3. Did he owe any debts (credit card, bills, mortgage)

4. Was he married?

5. How many children (living and dead) has he had during his life? With whom?

For more information, please visit our website:

Also, please read our disclaimer:

Read more
Answered on 11/21/15, 7:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Texas