Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Texas

I'm starting a small spray tanning business in Texas. I'm the owner and operator. I have a name in mind for the business... do I need to register the business first? Or get a trademark on the name so no one else can use it? Or a DBA? I'm not sure what to do first.... thanks!

Asked on 10/21/11, 5:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

The name of the business is an "assumed name," and you need to go down to your county clerk's office and register it. Remember to renew it every ten years.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/11, 9:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Texas