Legal Question in Investment Law in Texas

I have stocks bought in my name before I married 4 years ago. If I cash them in and reinvest (or roll over), will the funds become community property?

Asked on 2/21/12, 9:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn


Be sure to segregate the funds, that is, keep them separate from other accounts, and keep the documentation of the permutations (from stocks to cash to savings account).

Read more
Answered on 2/21/12, 10:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Investment Law questions and answers in Texas