Legal Question in Employment Law in Texas

I used to be a contract employee (1099). The company owes me $13,000 from last year. The owner of this company already sold their company, but we still keep in touch to settle this. However, she always delays everything and it's getting frustrating and it's stressing me physically and emotionally. I have to adjust my budget that is caused by her not paying me. My question is this... I am getting tired of waiting and I think I am just too nice to let her do this. So, is there anything I can do legally to actually get her to pay me, even if it has been a year already?

Thank you.

Asked on 8/25/15, 9:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm

Yes you can pursue the claim under various contractual remedies. Talk to an attorney in your area about your claims. This is too big for small claims court and you can recover attorney's fees if you have to file in court, so there is little reason not to get professional help involved.

Read more
Answered on 8/25/15, 10:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Texas