Legal Question in Employment Law in Texas

My employer did a stop pay on my previous weeks paycheck (overdrawing my bank account) he did not pay me this week, he cut off my fuel card, and has left me stranded, and is virtually holding me hostage .

He wants me to move freight, until the time "he can find me a load home" the previous 2 loads have NOT been in anywhere near the direction of dallas.

I have no money and I don't know what or if there is anything I can do?

Please help

Asked on 11/18/13, 6:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm

I don't feel like your question presents enough facts to adequately address your situation but if your employer is not paying you on time for work you have already performed then you need to file a wage claim with the Texas Workforce Commission. You can do that online on their website.

Read more
Answered on 11/18/13, 7:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Texas