Legal Question in Employment Law in Texas

Is it possible to sue JC Penny's for more than the wages they owe me. It has been confirmed with my store manager that they owe me ~$180. It may not seem like much, but I have been owed that amount since December of last year and I keep getting the, "give me a week or 2" response. I got that response again today. I was making $7.50 an hour and I quit after I say how small my check was for that period. They have given me the run around and I have had to go out of my way to come to the store to try and get results because they never returned calls or were never avalible when I called.

Asked on 4/07/16, 2:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm

File a wage claim with the Texas Workforce Commission. Much more direct then waiting around for them to feel like paying you.

Read more
Answered on 4/07/16, 2:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Texas