Legal Question in Employment Law in Texas


Early this year I filed an assault (By contact) charge on a manager in A large company with our local police dept. The manager pushed me after I Question his harrasment of older employees. Well I was demoted and then another manager friend of the first told me to drop the charge on his friend.I said no. Then he placed me on a step of discipline on drummed up charge( Hanging up on a customer) a few days later this same manager threaten me with assult (if you don't drop the charge on Mr. XXX I will kick your ass. I just got out of the hospital after a week suffering a relapse of major depression due to this incindent. Can I place a Protractive or retraining order on this guy? HOW? The company is aware but has taken no action.

Asked on 5/26/03, 10:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Trang Tran Tran Law Firm L.L.P.

Re: threats

Yes. Hire an employment lawyer AND/OR file a Misdemeanor charge of terroristic threats with the District Attorney's office.

The employer should be concern about the continued tortious conducts of its employees. Make sure that HR representatives are apprised of these actions and threats.

Read more
Answered on 5/27/03, 2:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Texas