Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Texas

I broke an apartment lease and I need to know what I can do. Im trying to get another apartment and this broken lease comes up. I want to settle with these people but they dont want to settle they want the full amount? Is their anything I can do?

Asked on 9/29/10, 7:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Send the apartment folks a nice letter offering to settle (keep a copy). And then keep looking - not every potential landlord subscribes to the Lease Breakers Hotline. Look at houses instead of apartments - you might be surprised at how affordable a rent house is. Cast a wide net - look in lots of places.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/10, 9:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Texas