Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Texas

OK I moved in with a roomate... I did not sign any contracts or anything. I had to move out of the house for the safety of my son, because of stuff she was doing. Now she is wanting to take me to small claims court saying i owe her for this month and next months rent. I havent been there for the past 2 weeks and i got all my stuff out on the 3rd! Can she take me to court? and if so what do i need to do? Does she even have a case against me?

Asked on 3/04/10, 9:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

She can sue you if she wants to. However, she doesn't have a good case, and she should lose in court. You have a legitimate reason for moving out.

Read more
Answered on 3/09/10, 2:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Texas