Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Texas

I just received notice that the house that I am renting is being forclosed on by the mortgage company. I have been advised to not pay this next months rent. What are my rights in this situation?

Asked on 3/29/13, 1:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer

None, really. The house belongs to the bank if it is foreclosed. You have a contractual agreement with the owner of the house that is separate from his agreement with the mortgage company. Whether or not he is paying affects his credit. Problem is, the mortgage company can tell you to get out (although they often do not do that.)

Read more
Answered on 4/01/13, 10:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Texas