Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Texas

Getting my stepfather out of my house

My mother passed away in August of 2005. I am her sole heir and executrix. I inheirted her home in another city. A verbal agreement was made long before her death that should she pass first,my stepfather could stay in the house untill he needed to be moved for medical reasons or death. He is continueing to cause me trouble in many ways and trying to run my life.I want to ask him to leave my house, but I want to know if there is a legal way I have to do it, or can I just ask him to leave in thirty days. He is quite wealthy and can afford to get his own place. His own children do not want to help take care of him, and I think I have done my part.

Asked on 5/14/06, 11:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm

Re: Getting my stepfather out of my house

I would advise you to repost this question to attorneys that practice in wills and estates. If I remember law school correctly, by operation of law, he may have a life estate in the house.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/06, 3:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Texas