Legal Question in Mediation in Texas

Child visitation

My son's father's new wife is playing buffer between he and I. I want to deal with the child's father when it comes to arranging visitation and things like that because she has proven that she is unreliable when it comes to delivering messages accurately and in a timely manner. I have told both of them this numerous times. She has said ''you are going to have to deal with me, period.'' Is it possible to get a TRO to stop her from contacting me and force him to contact me? Can I get a ballpark figure of about how much that will cost?

Asked on 7/25/07, 11:42 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Johm Smith tom's

Re: Child visitation

I agree with Mr. Evans. You don't have a right to talk with your ex if he has an agent to deal with you. He obviously doesn't want contact with you.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/07, 9:04 pm
Roger Evans Mathis & Donheiser

Re: Child visitation

You might seek a mediation with your husband to discuss this issue. With court and mediation fees, you are probably talking about a few thousand dollars, but there might be a pro bono program that would mediate this issue at a lesser cost. You are not likely to get a TRO or injunctive relief to "stop her" from contacting you or "force him" to contact you. It sounds as if the problem is with your ex-husband, not her, as she is certainly doing this with his knowledge or even encouragement.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/07, 3:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Mediation questions and answers in Texas