Legal Question in Mediation in Texas

We took out a home equity loan to improve our house together .... She bought the house from her grandfather prior to us getting married ... I paid and worked on the house to fix it up.... Now we are getting a divorse .... Can I get the equity I have put in and made payments for 17 years .....?

Asked on 4/11/14, 10:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

You have a situation where the house itself is separate property but it "owes" the community estate. When you get divorced, you will be compensated. The actual numbers will depend on a lot of facts that you haven't given us.

Read more
Answered on 4/14/14, 3:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Mediation questions and answers in Texas