Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Texas

i discovered a local doctor who i was not a patient of knowingly used my name and insurance to write several prescriptions for narcotics where a third party picked them up at a local pharmacy. it went on for several months until i found out after reading a printout of my medications. i contacted the doctor who wrote the prescriptions and informed him to stop he apologized and asked i not say anything and he would stop. shouldnt i be reinbursed for my insurance he used?

Asked on 12/21/10, 3:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Di Carlo Mark A. Di Carlo

I would contact the police and make a police report. It is my opinion that this Doctor, is deeply troubled, and needs to be stopped. I doubt that this is the first time he has done this. And I doubt that it will be the last time.

Second, you need to contact your insurance company.

Third, I would consider suing him. I have not researched the possible reasons you may sue but I am certain there are specific statutes or laws that would apply in addition to those standard possible reasons of fraud, etc.

Please contact my office of you are interested in hiring me as your attorney at 361-888-6968.

Also, I have not researched the specific issues; and my response is based upon my general knowledge.

If you do not retain me, please obtain a second opinion regrading the course of action I have suggested.

Read more
Answered on 12/26/10, 8:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Texas