Legal Question in Military Law in Texas

My husband is Active Duty (ARMY). We have one child together, and are possibly seeking divorce in the near future. My husband has taken out multiple personal loans while I'm struggling working part time to pay for things our child needs (diapers, formula, ect). I was never aware of these loans, until I'd get notices in the mail. I'm scraping by to make sure my daughter has a good christmas, and just discovered another personal loan he had taken out without telling me. I have paid for all of her belongings without any help from him because he will tell me he's broke, when in all reality he does have money but I don't know where this money goes because he made sure we have separate bank accounts. Is there anyone I can talk to regarding this issue so that I can get financial help from my husband to pay for the things we need for our daughter.

Asked on 12/20/13, 3:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

First, you should contact his commanding officer, who will set him straight.

Next, file for divorce, and ask the Court for temporary orders (which would include temporary child support). Ditch this loser. Find a man who will treat you right.

Read more
Answered on 12/27/13, 2:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Texas