Legal Question in Military Law in Texas

I left the military, honorably 24 years ago. I have recently been contacted by CID about an allegation from my time in Korea in 1991. Is this legal?

Asked on 6/19/15, 2:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William J. Holmes Attorney at Military Law

There is nothing wrong with them contacting you, but you do NOT have to speak with them. And you should not do so, certainly not without an attorney being present. If they are attempting to try to bring a criminal charge against you, there will be serious questions of whether the military even has jurisdiction over you since you have been discharged for so long, as well as issues with the Statute of Limitations. You do not want to say or do anything which might make it easier for them to proceed on any such possible charges.

I hope this has helped. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or 757-420-9321.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/15, 7:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Texas