Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

car accident, uninsured motorist

my son and i were involved in a car accident which left me with soft tissue injuries and my son with lacerations to the head and face requiring stitches. both of us suffer from severe anxiety. the boy that hit us had no insurance and received several citations at the scene. i did not receive any citations. we have several witnesses. i have uninsured motorist insurance. my vehicle is a total loss. he was working as a pizza hut delivery driver at the time of the accident (a video of him acknowledging his reckless driving and that he was on his way to pick up another delivery from the restaurant is available). i want to know what my options are and if pizza hut can be held liable for not confirming that their driver was insured. i previously submitted this question but without some details above.

Asked on 10/22/07, 11:17 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Paul Jacobs The Jacobs Law Firm

Re: car accident, uninsured motorist

You have several options. Please feel free to contact me to discuss in detail. I am board certified in personal injury trial law and civil trial law.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/07, 11:20 am

Michelle Wan Thomas & Wan

Re: car accident, uninsured motorist

Yes, Pizza Hut can be held liable for the actions of their employee because he was working within the course and scope of their business when he hit you. Generally, Pizza Hut would have insurance that covers these types of accidents. If you want more details, please contact us.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/07, 11:47 am
David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

Re: car accident, uninsured motorist

To answer your question, you can pursue a claim with your own insurance company and/or you can attempt to revoke the driver's license of the person who hit you. Do not do this case yourself, get a lawyer. Almost all lawyers will consult with you for free (myself included) and most don't charge you unless you get compensated. Additionally, some lawyers do not charge to handle the property damage. I therefore suggest you interview a few lawyers, see who you like best, and pursue the case. Feel free to call me if you would like to discuss this at no cost and with no obligations.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/07, 12:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas