Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

Elevator Injury

My family and I went to Jamaica and stayed at a 4-star resort, whose corp location is in TX. We were involved in an elevator accident. My husband was hurt and is currently in therapy. The hotel is treating it as though it is a common occurence and only offered 2 free nts and maybe to pay dr. bills and meds. What legal recourse do I have being that it occured outside the US, the corp is in TX and we live in IN?

Asked on 7/23/05, 4:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

C. David DuMond Law Offices of David DuMond

Re: Elevator Injury

For causes of action arising outside of Indiana, even outside the United States, there may be effective jurisdiction in your local United States District Court. From the information in your question, I think federal jurisdiction is available. However, that's a fact-sensitive issue, so you should schedule an appointment with an attorney to discuss it. Ask your county bar association for a referral if you don't know anyone. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 7/24/05, 1:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas