Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

My father fell on 4/30/2011. His legs gave out and he fell flat on his face, knocking out a few teeth in the process. A witness called the EMS and they did not transport him to the emergency room for observation. The following day, my mother took him to a local hospital because he was having severe headaches and his speech was slurred. By the time he got to the hospital, he couldn't even remember who my mother was. He was diagnosed with a subdural hematoma. The bleeding was compounded by the fact that he had a stroke in September of last year and has been on plavix ever since, which would not allow the blood to clot. The same evening, he had to have emergency brain surgery to relieve the pressure and stop the bleeding. My father has been in a coma ever since and the neuros don't believe he will pull through. Does our family have any legal recourse against the EMS for failure to exercise due care in taking him to the ER at the onset?

Asked on 5/11/11, 6:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Parker Polan Briggle & Polan, PLLC

I'm sorry to hear about your father's unfortunate situation. It is difficult to pursue medical malpractice cases in Texas. That doesn't mean you cannot take legal action. You need to find a medical malpractice attorney to review a potential case. I would be glad to answer any questions you have.


Read more
Answered on 5/11/11, 7:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas