Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

Injured in auto accident

I was injured in an auto accident in May 2006. It was the other driver's fault. We later found out he did not have insurance. I had full coverage on my car. I have had horrible neck pain and headaches since then. I did not file a claim with the insurance company because my fiance was worried it would make our rates go up. I can't take it anymore. The pain and headaches are horrible.

What can I do now and am I out of the statutes of limitations in Texas?

Asked on 8/13/08, 10:38 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom

Re: Injured in auto accident

Too late. You waited too long. Sorry. Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/08, 11:00 am

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

Re: Injured in auto accident

How sad misinformation about insurance causes people to lose what they pay for...your rates are NOT affected by claims. But there may be a chance to claim for uninsured motorist.....Do you have proof of damages??ie, medical expenses, lost wages??? Call us to discuss

Read more
Answered on 8/13/08, 11:45 am
Roger Merrill Merrill & Associates

Re: Injured in auto accident

The statute of limitations for uninsured motorist claims is four years. If you have that coverage, then you should make a claim on your insurance.

If you were under the age of 18 at the time of the accident, then the limitation period may not have expired yet for the May 2006 accident due to tolling of limitations for minors.

I am board certified in personal injury law. If I can help, please let me know.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/08, 11:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas