Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

i got injured at an event on a private residence april 9, 2011, at the time it was hopefull that i could shake it off...besides it didnt feel like a break, more like a sprain. I also dont have insurance and cant afford medical. By april 19th 2011 i started to get worried, I had this huge lump on the back of my ankle and was in alot more pain so i finaly went to the emergancy room. They said i had a sprain w tendin damage and needed to follow up w a specialist. Its now may 10th 2011 and i am still unable to work or be productive. Cant afford a specialist, still in pain and swelling. My savings are tapped out and i owe the emergancy room $2000.00. I need help! is it too late for me or will a lawyer take my case?

Asked on 5/10/11, 9:56 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tanja Martini The Martini Law Firm, PC

In Texas, a personal injury claim has a two-year statute of limitations from the date of the injury or when you knew or should have known of the negligence that caused the injury. You should contact a lawyer who specializes in premises liability claims as soon as possible to determine whether you have a claim against the homeowner for your injuries.

Please feel free to contact me office should you have any further questions.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/11, 11:03 am
Parker Polan Briggle & Polan, PLLC

You should definitely speak to a lawyer. Often, lawyers can help you find medical specialists who will agree to treat you and wait until the case has settled to get paid. However, premises liability cases are tough to prove in Texas. I'd be glad to answer any questions you have.


Read more
Answered on 5/10/11, 11:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas