Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

No Insurance Recourse

My son had an accident in one of our vechiles. He is not covered under our insurance. There were not tickets issused. This was a minor fender bender. No one got hurt. My son was at fault. When our insurance rejected the claim to the person that my son hit, we tried contacting him to get an estimate so we can pay out of our own pocket for his repairs. He would not talk to us. He had someone call us saying that he was his legal representative but he was not a lawyer and would not give us any information about what it would cost to repair the vechile. He started talking about injuries and he didnt know how severe they were. He would not give us his address or any information. Is he trying to scam us. We want to do what is right but this sounds a little like extortion. Please help.

Asked on 6/09/03, 12:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nile Copeland Copeland Law Group, PLLC

Re: No Insurance Recourse

Document all times you have and continue to contact the other driver.

Contact your insurance company and find out if they gave them any contact information.

You may discuss this with an attorney before doing so but if your insurance has contact information, send them a letter in writing.

Document everything, even if it is in a daily journal.

Read more
Answered on 6/09/03, 1:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas