Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

While at someones residence my vehicle was parked on their property with their permission. They had an unlicensed contractor whom was a relative of theirs come over to cut a tree down. This tree fell on my car and damaged it. Whom if anyone would be responsible for the damages? The property owner? Or the man whom cut the tree down? Thank You

Asked on 1/07/13, 3:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

Do u want to know who is responsible or who will pay for repair? First, I would report to my own insurer which would pay repair and I pay deductible..but my insurer could ask homeowner's

insurer to pay them and pay deductible. Most unlicensed contractors have no insurance and probably no money to that is why we all carry insurance ..good luck

Read more
Answered on 1/07/13, 3:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas