Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

Tripped on speed bump in hospital parking lot. Scraped right hand and arm on pavement, right breast and upper chest, right side are extremely sore and painful. Do I have any recourse. I am a 64 year old diabetic and can't afford to take chances.

Asked on 1/27/13, 7:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roger Merrill Merrill & Associates

Medical malpractice law has grown to include falls at hospitals. Even though it is the hospital parking lot, there's a likelihood that you would have to meet the requirements of a medical malpractice claim. That requires expert reports. It's too expensive when it comes to minor injuries. Have you let the hospital know? See if they have any sort of medical payment coverage for no-fault injuries on the property. If it is a public hospital, you need to give specific and detailed notice within a short period of time. Needless to say, you have a very difficult claim. Fortunately, it sounds like your injuries are not too serious. You may have recourse, but it will be difficult to find a lawyer who will agree to take it on a contingent fee basis.

Read more
Answered on 2/05/13, 9:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas