Legal Question in Product Liability in Texas

Trying to buy a truck but current owner lost the title, they also no longer have a license, and they can't get 1 right now cause they have unpaid tickets, so my question is can I get a signed bill of sale and have it notarized and then in any way get the title myself or at least will that hold up as ownership for me until they do get the title so I can go ahead and pay them and get the truck and not worry about them trying to pull any funny business

Asked on 1/04/15, 3:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

R Gary Stephens Stephens & Stephens

Do a UCC SEARCH THROUGH THE SECRETARY of STATE for the UCC filing or the Department of Motor Vehicles for the Title (you can find out either way whether there is a lienholder). If there is and you pay the "current owner" you may have to pay a second time. In short I recommend you not do it.

Read more
Answered on 1/04/15, 7:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Products Liability questions and answers in Texas