Legal Question in Product Liability in Texas

I purchased a vehicle with someone. I've been in possession since the purchase date July 2013. The car was repossessed Jan 2016. I paid the $2000 that day to get it out of repo. The next morning, the cosigner went a towed the car to his home being that i'm the only one with a key. Fast forward he will not give up the car. I was told to take him to court. I believe at this point he's given the car to someone to drive and pay the car note. I don't want to be responsible for anything that may happen to the car moving forward. What can i do to get my name removed or something else to cut all ties with the vehicle or even recoup some of the money I've paid over the 3 years of the loan.

Asked on 3/08/16, 12:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

R Gary Stephens Stephens & Stephens

You have to file suit and get a judgement for return of car, or to recover value for which you have paid.

Read more
Answered on 3/26/16, 8:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Products Liability questions and answers in Texas