Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

abandoned house

in texas can you take adverse possession on an abondoned house. has been vacant almost a year. yard is not being maintained. taxes have not been paid. and the last owner can not be located.

Asked on 6/14/09, 5:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cheryl Rivera Smith The Smith Law Firm

Re: abandoned house

To acquire title by adverse possession, you would need to "possess" the property for over 10 years. In the meantime, you would be a mere trespasser.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/09, 2:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas