Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

What is the easiest way to transfer title (home, no mortgage) between family members?

Asked on 1/27/14, 1:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Create a deed. The seller (giver?) signs it before a notary. The deed is then recorded at the County Clerk's office in the county where the property is located. The recording fee will be about $18.

Any lawyer can do this. He may charge you all of $100.00.

Read more
Answered on 1/29/14, 2:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas