Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

My fiancÚ owns a sports bar in Spring Tx. He has received several letters informing him to pay his rent to a co. Other than his landlord. His landlord says he is still the bldg owner and expects rent pd to him. The recd letters are signed by a person w/ "comptroller" title. Where should he send rent?

Asked on 5/30/13, 9:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

He should write to the "comptroller" entity and demand that they identify themselves and explain to him why he should pay rent to them. And he should inform them that it is a deceptive trade practice to try to collect money from someone who doesn't owe it to you.

And he should send a copy of this letter to the Attorney General in Austin.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/13, 7:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas