Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

life estate change

My mother has a life estate for her property which is being left to me and my brother. Can my mother change her life estate to only me since she is still alive or should she just change the deed to my name cause she no longer wants to include my brother?

Asked on 7/19/08, 1:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cheryl Rivera Smith The Smith Law Firm

Re: life estate change

She can deed you her life estate which will then terminate at her death. Since I assume the estates that were granted to the three of you came from another grantor (maybe a grandparent?), she can't change your brother's interest which has already vested.

Read more
Answered on 7/20/08, 10:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas