Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

Petition to Partition and/or Sale of Property

I need to find a template (sample) of a petition to partition and/or sale of Property. My sister will not agree to sell our 50 acres (undivided interest) in which she is residing. My family has agreed to file a petition to partition and/or sale of said property. We are trying to do this ourselves and need a sample template to go by. Are there any out there in cyberspace????? We understand if the courts force the sale we will get hardly anything for the property which is appraised over $500,000.00 We would like to list the property to get market value but she is being difficult... Is there anyone out there who can help?

Asked on 6/29/04, 7:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

Re: Petition to Partition and/or Sale of Property

I strongly recommend against your doing this yourself. It's simply not a good idea to risk a half million dollar property over some legal fees. These types of cases are easy to mess up and a template will likely not address every issue that you may have. I recommend your checking with an attorney in your county to see if one can offer you some sort of alternate fee arrangement (perhaps splitting the costs against all the other family members, or taking a percentage of the resulting sale.)

Read more
Answered on 6/29/04, 8:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas